Hook’s Preferences window contains the following tabs. Some of these tabs are only presented in Hook Pro.
- General to apply Finder tags to linked files, and do even more;
- Notes. This is for the
Hook to Newfeature: to configure the default Notes folder, default note template, and the names of new notes;
- Scripts (Pro users only) to add, edit and delete scripts for apps to use with Hook;
- Shortcuts to set up global keyboard shortcuts for displaying the Hook window; and for using Hook’s commands without even displaying the Hook window;
- Favorite Apps to choose the app used to open e-mail links (
- Sync between Macs and mobile devices;
- Tags : Finder tags, Pinboard tags and GoodLinks tags. Latter two require Pinboard and GoodLinks, respectively.
- Services (Pro users only) for configuring third party bookmarking services: Pinboard, GoodLinks, Instapaper;
- Advanced (Pro users only). For preventing Hook for searching specified folders when it resolves a new
- Updates : when to check for updates.
There are additional preferences that you can only access from the command line or automation.