Hookmark’s Preferences window contains the following tabs. Some of these tabs are only presented in Hookmark Pro.
- General to apply Finder tags to linked files, and do even more.
- Notes. This is for the
Hook to Newfeature: to configure the default Notes folder, default note template, and the names of new notes.
- Scripts (Pro users only) to add, edit and delete scripts for apps to use with Hookmark.
- Shortcuts to set up global keyboard shortcuts for displaying the Hookmark window; and for using Hookmark’s commands without displaying the Hookmark window.
- Favorite Apps to choose the app used to open e-mail links (
- Sync between Macs and mobile devices.
- Tags: Finder tags, Pinboard tags and GoodLinks tags. Latter two require Pinboard and GoodLinks, respectively.
- Services (Pro users only) for configuring third party bookmarking services: Pinboard, GoodLinks, Instapaper.
- Advanced (Pro users only). For preventing Hookmark from searching specified folders when it resolves a new
- Updates: when to check for updates.
There are additional preferences that you can only access from the command line or automation.