How Hook Integrates with Your Favorite Apps
Hook is a unique Mac app designed to help you access and link content from any linkable Mac app. This integration also has benefits for your use of iPhone and iPad.
1. Information on using Hook with particular apps
If you would like information on how Hook works with one or more of your favorite apps, or how to use Hook with a particular app, you can search for the app on the Linkable Mac Apps – page.
- Using Hook with the Craft Mac Writing App
- Using Hook with the Free Skim PDF Reader app: Deep Links!
- Using Hook with PDFPenPro
- Using Hook with DEVONthink by DEVONtechnologies
and many more…
2. Modifying how Hook integrates with your favorite apps
If you would like to customize how Hook communicates with some of your favorite apps (to link their resources) check out Creating and Modifying Integration Scripts. That also explains, technically, how Hook communicates with apps in general.
3. Information for developers
If you are a wise app-developer, and would like your users to be able to link your app’s data to anything (rather than your app’s data remaining in a silo, where it is not as useful), then please read Information for Developers to Make Their Apps Linkable (API Requirements for Compatibility with Hook) – Hook. Developers find they can make their data linkable within a day.
- Linkable apps (supported/unsupported apps)
- Creating Integration Scripts
- Contacting Developers of Other Apps
- Example: Customizing Hook Integration with Things
- Example: Customizing Hook Integration with Xcode
- Example: Hook to New with Momenta’s Agenda app using x-callback-url
- Information for Developers to Make Their Apps Linkable (API Requirements for Compatibility with Hook) – Hook