Hookmark is a unique Mac app designed to help you access and link content from any linkable Mac app. This integration also has benefits for your use of iPhone and iPad.
1. Information on using Hookmark with particular apps
If you would like information on how Hookmark works with one or more of your favorite apps, or how to use Hookmark with a particular app, you can search for the app on the Linkable Mac Apps page.
- Using Hookmark with the Craft Mac Writing App
- Using Hookmark with the Free Skim PDF Reader app: Deep Links!
- Using Hookmark with PDFPenPro
- Using Hookmark with DEVONthink by DEVONtechnologies
and many more…
You can also search Hookmark’s Software Showcases (on its blog), the Hookmark Forum, or this entire website.
2. Modifying how Hookmark integrates with your favorite apps
If you would like to customize how Hookmark communicates with some of your favorite apps (to link their resources) check out Creating and Modifying Integration Scripts. That also explains, technically, how Hookmark communicates with apps in general.
3. Information for developers
If you are a wise app developer, and would like your users to be able to link your app’s data to anything (rather than your app’s data remaining in a silo, where it is not as useful), then please read Information for Developers to Make Their Apps Linkable (API Requirements for Compatibility with Hookmark). Developers usually find they can make their data linkable within a day.
See also What’s a Linkable App and Why Does Linkability Matter?.