Menu Bar Window
The two main ways in which you interact with Hook are (a) with the Hook window, and (b) the menu bar window. This document describes the Hook menu bar window.
When you click on the Hook menu bar icon, a window appears. (Hook can also be configured to show the menu bar window on single-clicking the menu bar icon.)
This window has three main components:
- a title bar, which has three helpful buttons,
- a drop zone. You can link items together by dragging and dropping them in one or two drops, and
- a status bar
The title bar of that window has three icons.
- A Hook icon, on the left. When you click or tap on this icon, the Hook window appears.
- A Hook folder icon. When you click or tap on this icon the Hook folder opens. This folder contains three folders (more folders will be added as new functionality is added to Hook):
- A notes folder (the folder where notes are created via the “Hook to New” command)
- A templates folder (the folder for Hook templates)
- A Hook files folder (the folder where Hook files are created by default)
- A Gear Menu icon. Clicking on this icon reveals the Hook
The menu bar window’s status bar provides useful status messages, tips and widgets. The content changes depending on the state of the app.