If you find that Hook for macOS is unresponsive (“beachballs” or “hangs”), it is helpful to take a sample of the process and send it to us, explaining the problem.
First, in Finder, from the /Applications/Utilities folder, open the Activity Monitor app. Then
- select the CPU tab.
- Click on Hook.
- In the toolbar, click on the Action button (looks like a gear or (…) button), depending on your version of macOS
- select Sample Process from there.
- A new window will appear, choose Save… from that window
- Locate the file, compress it.
- Send the compressed file to us directly either via a PM or email.
You can also Force Quit Hook from Activity Monitor. while Hook is selected, just hit the stop button that has an x in it (in toolbar).
If you are running Hook in foreground mode, you can also force quit Hook from Apple Menu > Force Quit….