Hookmark Version 5.0.2 (5331; Integration v. 267) is now available for download.
This release improves launch speed, adds support for Kindle app (with deep links!), fixes several bugs, and contains other improvements.
But first, breaking news: Keyboard Maestro integration will be released as an in-app update any moment now. Enable automatic updates to get it automatically.
- IMPROVED launch time.
- FIXED cases where Hookmark hung with a bouncing ball on startup
- FIXED a rare issue in which Hookmark could consume much CPU and become unresponsive.
- FIXED an issue whereby a link to a renamed file could open a different file with the original name
- FIXED an issue on Ventura where the Hookmark window could spontaneously appear.
- FIXED an issue that could cause the option key not to reveal alternative commands.
- FIXED an issue that could cause two items to be selected in Hookmark’s context window when scrolling.
- FIXED: universal links from Things are now translated to things:///
- IMPROVED: underlying processing of links.
New and improved software integrations
- NEW: Support for Kindle, with deep links to specific locations. Currently works in English only. URLs look like this:
- NEW: Zavala is now supported!
- NEW: Support Nitro PDF Pro Essentials (bundle id: com.gonitro.NitroPDF.retail)
- IMPROVED BusyCal integration with Google Calendar.
Copy Linkin Safari now omits the name of the Safari tab group from the link’s name.
- IMPROVED Soulver 3 integration.
- IMPROVED Xcode workspaces integration.
- IMPROVED: In context of Zotero, Hookmark’s context window’s status bar message reminds you to install the zotxt Zotero extension from Github by Erik Hetzner of the Public Library of Science.
If you’ve enabled automatic updates, then you will have received the above updates.
Eligibility for updates
Hookmark software updates are free to any Hookmark CogSci Apps customer with a Hookmark Updates license that was valid at the time the update was released. Hookmark Pro and Hookmark Standard each come with one year of free access to software updates.
If your Hookmark Updates license has expired and you apply this update, please note that Hookmark will revert to Basic mode until you purchase and apply an Updates license. However, you can also revert to a previous version of Hookmark that was released during your Updates License period. Upgrading from Standard to Pro includes an additional 12-month Updates license.
- Give Hookmark 5.0.2 a try
- Discuss on the forum
- share the helpful news on Twitter, in Hacker News, on Reddit or elsewhere,
and enjoy 😊 .