Hook Version 3.9 (4960) is now available for download.
This update includes enhancements for Shortcuts, and some other improvements.
- NEW: Introduced a Shortcuts Action to
Copy Link from Bookmark. This adds a fully formatted link to the clipboard, as if user had done
Copy Linkfrom within Hook. Formats include HTML, rich text, plain text, plaintext markdown.
- NB: We have published two new Shortcuts for Finder that utilize the new action. One shortcut is to hook all the selected files together; the other shortcut hook the link(s) in the clipboard to the files you have selected in Finder.
- IMPROVED: The bookmark object in Hook’s Shortcuts had two properties named “name”, courtesy of Apple itself using the “name” property. So we renamed Hook’s bookmarks “name” property to “title”.
- IMPROVED: Optimized Hook’s storage.
- FIXED: Added yet another fix to the perenial issue of Hook’s DMG automatically being mounted. To not risk encountering this issue again, launch Hook from a regular folder in Finder, not from the DMG (disk image). You’re better off discarding the disk image. Keep a compressed archive of it if you want.
- FIXED: a couple of crashes.
New and improved software integrations
- NEW: Support for Arc Browser.
If you use Hook’s software update, you will get these two further improvements:
- support for OmniFocus 4 Beta
- Support for Evernote in Korean
Eligibility for updates
Hook software updates are free to any Hook CogSci Apps customer with a Hook Updates license that was valid at the time the update was released. Hook Pro and Hook Essentials each come with one year of free access to software updates.
If your Hook Updates license has expired and you apply this update, please note that Hook will revert to Lite mode until you purchase and apply an Updates license. However, you can also revert to a previous version of Hook that was released during your Updates License period. Upgrading from Essentials to Pro includes an additional 12-month Updates license.
- Give Hook 3.9 a try
- Discuss on the forum
- share the helpful news on Twitter, in Hacker News, on Reddit or elsewhere,
and enjoy 😊 .