Daylite is a CRM for Small Business developed by Marketcircle.
Hookmark enables you to link Daylite items to and from anything that is also linkable. These items include People, Companies, Projects, Tasks, Forms and more.
This page provides some of the technical details about linking with Daylite. For usage examples and why this matters, see How Could You More Efficiently Access Your Contacts? Enter Daylite and Hookmark.
Copy Link, Copy Markdown Link and Hook to Copied Link
Copy Link and
Copy Markdown Link in Daylite return links with the
daylite:// custom scheme. You can paste those links anywhere. You can even use them on your iPad or iPhone.
You can “hook” any linkable Daylite item to anything else that is link-friendly. See examples below.
“Hook to New > anything” in Daylite
From Daylite you can invoke Hookmark and choose the the
Hook to New command. That enables you to create a new item in the app of your choice. Hookmark will name the item based on what you’ve selected in Daylite. For example, if you select “CogSci Apps Corp.” company item in Daylite, and choose
Hook to New > Apple Note, Hookmark will create a new Apple Note called “CogSci Apps Corp.”.
Hookmark will then setup a bidirectional link between the Daylite “CogSci Apps Corp.” company item and the new Apple Note (or other item).
Hookmark will also tag the note, and setup a “hook” (two-way link) between the Daylite “CogSci Apps Corp.” and the Apple note
It is not yet possible to use
Hook to New > Daylite item.
Search for Daylite bookmarks in Hookmark
Hookmark automatically bookmarks whatever items it touches. If you
Copy Markdown Link, or hook Daylite items, then Hookmark will automatically bookmark those items for you; or use the
Add Bookmark Without Copying command. Thereafter, can then find Daylite items using Hookmark’s search tool (⌘F), on any device with which you sync your Hookmark bookmarks!
To find Daylite items you’ve processed with Hookmark, simply
- invoke Hookmark
- enter search mode (with ⌘F or a click)
url:dayliteand hit the return key
All your Daylite bookmarks will be displayed.
Of course, you can add extra search parameters. For example, if you search for :
CogSci Apps url:daylite
Hookmark will then only return those Daylite items whose name contains “CogSci Apps”. This is not a full text search, it simply searches the bookmarks.
Typical uses and benefits
There are many ways in which Hookmark can help you get more out of Daylite. Here are some examples. You can hook Daylite People, Companies, Projects, Tasks, Forms and more to:
- their websites;
- files and folders in Finder (these links work even if you rename move the files/folders!);
- projects in OmniFocus, Things, Todoist or other linkable task managers;
- items in DEVONthink, EagleFiler, Keep It, and other information managers;
- notes in Apple notes, Obsidian, iA Writer, and countless other note taking software;
- emails in any linkable email app (not just Apple Mail); and
- any other linkable software.
Hookmark’s “hooks” are two-way links, which means you can instantly navigate back-and-forth between items in other apps and items in Daylite!
Benefit: Hookmark replaces tedious, frustrating & time consuming search with the **instant and reliable satisfaction of clicking on a link!.
- On the Learn OmniFocus run by Canadian Tim Stringer, there is a Using OmniFocus with Daylite video. It also illustrates using Hookmark with Daylite.
- How Could You More Efficiently Access Your Contacts? Enter Daylite and Hookmark.
- Click on the search icon in the top right corner of the website and search for “Daylite” there,
- Search for “Daylite” on the Hookmark Forum