Version 3.4.2 (4614; Integration v. 196) of Hook for macOS is now available for download.
This release fixes a bug that would cause Hook on macOS 10.13 to 10.15 to crash when users would enter Hook’s search mode. This issue did not affect macOS 11 (Big Sur) and macOS 12 (Monterey).
We also made changes to integration scripts. If you’ve disabled auto-install of updates from Hook’s integration service, you’ll want to install this software update if you’re on macOS 12 (see below).
New and improved software integrations
- New: Support for Anybox app.
- New: Integration with Ulysses on Mac App Store (SetApp version was already supported). Ulysses is controlled via UI scripting.
- Updated Scripts have been rewritten not to rely on Python since it will be removed from macOS 12.3.
- Updated PDFpenPro integration to work with decimal separators.
- Updated Firefox integration (optimized).
- Updated nvUltra integrationto work with its latest beta.
- Updated encoding of some
Eligibility for updates
Hook software updates are free to any Hook CogSci Apps customer with a Hook Updates license that was valid at the time the update was released. Hook Pro and Hook Essentials each come with one year of free access to software updates.
If your Hook Updates license has expired and you apply this update, please note that Hook will revert to Lite mode until you purchase and apply an Updates license. However, you can also revert to a previous version of Hook that was released during your Updates License period. Upgrading from Essentials to Pro includes an additional 12-month Updates license.
- Give Hook 3.4.2 a try
- Discuss on the forum
- share the helpful news on Twitter, in Hacker News, on Reddit or elsewhere,
and enjoy 😊 .