Here are some screencasts to help you understand Hookmark and how it can improve your productivity. For some of the videos, you can click on the link to view it on YouTube.
How to use Hookmark
- The Hookmark window, which will change your life
- Copy and use links to FILES with Hookmark’s Finder extension. Ease into using Hookmark by using the Finder extension ( control-click on a file to see Hookmark’s commands). (6.0 UI)
Copy Linkcommand — copy a link to almost anything!
- How to to create bidirectional links with the
Hook to Copied Linkcommand
- Accessing Hookmark-linked items
- Searching your Hookmark bookmarks Use your effortlessly-created bookmarks.
- Make deep links to specific locations in PDFs
Examples, Benefits and Use Cases
- Using Hookmark with Bookends reference manager. Even if you use Zotero and DEVONthink for PDFs, you should watch this. (5.x UI)
- Using Hookmark with Daylite (5.x UI)
- Write better
- Link your notes to what they are about; taking linked notes (
Hook to New > ...).
- Linking web pages to related notes, tasks, files and more
- Instantly create, link & navigate: meeting agendas, notes & minutes, & contact information with Hookmark by Jay Miller.
Using Hookmark with particular software
With Hookmark 6.0
With Hookmark 5.0
- New! Using Hookmark with Bookends reference manager. Even if you use Zotero and DEVONthink for PDFs, you should watch this.
- Using Hookmark with Daylite
Hook 3.0 UI (same idea)
- Using Hookmark with Fastmarks, bookmark search app
- Using Hookmark with DEVONthink 3
- Using Hookmark with BBEdit, a powerful text editor for macOS that doesn’t suck – YouTube
- How to Turn a TaskPaper File into a Project Information Hub, with Hookmark app – YouTube
- How to Link Craft Mac App Documents to Anything with Hookmark
- Track issues in Trello (Also applies to Bugzilla and other issue management systems)
- Automatic Pinboard-bookmarking with Hookmark: Features and Benefits by Jay Miller.
- How to Use Hookmark with the Pinboard bookmarking service by Jay Miller.
- Tinderbox Meetup Meeting #22, 2022-02-19 (Vimeo). Luc P. Beaudoin demonstrates Hookmark and answers questions about it.
About Hookmark screencasts
- Some of the screencasts above were created by Lee Garrett of My Productive Mac, also a Hookmark trainer.
- Some were created by Jay Miller. Jay has additional screencasts on his YouTube channel in which he discusses Hookmark; and Jay has been on podcasts in which he discusses Hookmark.
Some of the screencasts are made by CogSci Apps in-house.