Benefits of Using Hook
You have already experienced the revolutionary benefits of using links on the web. Hook extends this revolution: it enables you to instantly create and use links to precious information on your Mac, on the web and in the cloud.
Would you give up web links? Nor can you do without the links that Hook provides!
Hook links your (digital) life!
Here are some of the countless benefits Hook provides:
- Write more quickly, easily and better
- Take better notes with your favorite note-taking apps
- Get even more out of personal information managers (like EagleFiler™, DEVONthink™ and Evernote™ )
- Keep track of what you write on the web
- Get more out of Markdown
- Collaborate more productively (share links to Dropbox, iCloud, Git, files, emails and more)
- Track issues more efficiently (with Bugzilla, Trello, Trac, etc.)
- Link web pages and more
- Link your tasks to what they are about: OmniFocus, Things, Task Paper, etc.
- Transcend Finder folders, Spotlight and tags
- Track your time more meaningfully, and rapidly provide more informative time sheets and invoices, and Instantly navigate between your time-tracking projects and other project information (such as in DEVONthink, Finder, OmniFocus and MarketCircle’s Daylite)
- Boost your business’s productivity, and
- much more!
Hook: A cognitive tool to optimize your executive functions
Our major overarching objective in developing Hook is to help you apply your full executive functions (your consciousness) to your current task. By enabling you to file less, search less and simply access related resources, Hook keeps you focused.
A distinctive characteristic of world-class experts is that they are capable of rapidly accessing and storing information in their domain. (This is known as long-term working memory, as discussed in Cognitive Productivity: Using Knowledge to Become Profoundly Effective). Hook extends your brain to enable rapid access to task-relevant information.
Whether your task is to write, learn, solve a problem or communicate, Hook enables you to do it better and faster — i.e., more expertly.
Hook is a CogSci Apps® invention for your cognitive productivity.
Are you ready to become more cognitively productive?
You’re a busy person who values knowledge and who is valued for your knowledge and expertise. When you want information, you want it fast. So, you wouldn’t dream of giving up SSD storage, search engines, Find my iPhone, or your favorite launcher. You can download Hook today and see for yourself. It’s your choice.
Do you develop Mac apps for knowledge work?
If yes, then if you would like your Mac app to improve your users’ cognitive productivity, please make sure that it supports Hook’s minimal automation requirements, and send us an email. If you provide the API (and a trial license of your app), we’ll write the scripts to use it. Or you can do what many great developers, like EagleFiler developer Michael Tsai, did. They sent us some scripts to use with their apps for inclusion in Hook. You can use Hook’s Script Editor Preferences tab to locally add your script to Hook. Or let us do the work.
CogSci Apps can promptly deploy script updates. For more information see the Hook Integration documentation.
We will be happy to include your app in our growing list of apps known by us to be compatible with Hook.
Get people talking about how to get more out of your app by using Hook: contribute to the Hook Discourse forum.